The Group, makes it fun.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girls Gone Diving

Funny story. I got a call on Monday at the shop. This gentleman starts laughing and says, "We were looking for you on Saturday at Edmonds UW park. We didn't see you!" I had to tell him that we were never planning on going there. Unfortunately, I might have led them on a bit! I did mention that I had more calls from the guys wanting to know where we were going than girls.

Amanda, Carrie Anne, Staci, Natalie, Joanna and myself hit the big city of West Seattle. We ended up diving Cove 1. We were planning on Cove 2 but it was crazy and nobody was at Cove 1! Toilets all to ourselves (that is underwater).

Joanna and Carrie Anne were our shore support. The four of us hit the waters and played around under water for a bit or two. This is a nice and easy site since you don't have to worry about tides or currents. We saw three different kinds of nudibranchs: diamond back tritonia, three-lined nudibranch and white-lined dirona. Sea pens, shrimp, fat henricia; sea star and english sole. It was pretty enjoyable.

What do you think that our next Girls Gone Diving we go on Black Beard's cruises in the Bahamas around September? I am in.

4 comments:

McNettDuo2 said...

That was super fun! I'm glad the boys weren't able to foil our plan. :-) Hehe. Best shore support ever! And hopefully we'll have more girls show up next time.

A blackbeard's cruise does sound pretty awesome. And flights aren't too bad. Hmm...

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

Heck yes, girls gone diving in warm water??? Count me in!!

Shore support was the bestest for this GGD!!!

Joshwaht... said...

I'll bring my bikini.

Carrie Anne said...

You ladies were awesome! Thanks!
And, Chuck, I love your style. Tropical diving. Whoop-whoop!