The Group, makes it fun.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cozumel in December

Everyone has been asking me how the trip was and to be honest with you, it was FABULOUS! I am so sure leaving again next year for the holidays. If you are interested in joining us let me know. Now is the time to put your destination request in.

Cozumel, if you have never been, go. It is very easy and fun diving. Scuba Club Cozumel was a wonderful place to stay at. The diving was great. Lots of turtles swimming and eating around. My favorite was all the really cool swim thrus that we went through. It was amazing. All you had to do is drop into the water and go with the flow. Scott and my last dive was an expressway that put us way ahead of the rest of our group. Which was planned, I didn't ditch anyone. It was funny to pass by some people like they where swimming still. You can choose an easy current or a much faster one if you drop off down the wall a bit. Good times.

We will be doing a bench dive at Rob and Laurie Hoyts house. Jake brought me his hard drive full of photos to get ready for the slide show. I am putting that together so we can share some photos and stories. Look for that to come.

On another note, let me just say that our divers that we have trained absolutely rock! Scott and myself got to stay an extra day longer than the rest of our group. (We really liked the Seattle airport so much and decided to extend our stay there.) We got to dive with another group of people that were not our divers. Antonio was still our divemaster so he was used to both Scott and I. They other divers needed some help. I noticed how easy Antonio had with our group compared to this other group. You guys have got some skill!

I really could go on and on but I will save the stories for later. If you would like to hear them sooner come on by and visit me. I would be glad to share.

Sounds like some people would like to go to Hawaii around the end of June. Is anyone interested in that or maybe somewhere else? Let me know. I am ready to go again.

2 comments:

McNettDuo2 said...

I'm in for next December.

What about Belize or the Virgin Islands?

I'd be down for Hawaii or Mexico too... Flights to Fiji look crazy expensive.

What date are we looking at for the bench dive?

Joshwaht... said...

Damnit, I want to go.

What about Bali?

Or Australia?