The Group, makes it fun.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

CJ Morgan & Brady Korthuis travels

This was an email sent to me by CJ Morgan about his travels to the Bahamas last month. If you have any stories or notes on your travels, please send them to me.

Hey Gone Diving Team!!!

This is CJ (Carl) from class this past summer. Just wanted to let you know that I have been keeping up on my diving. Brady and I and his family went to Nassau, Bahamas last month and had a blast. We spent 3 days diving with Stuart Cove's and his crew. It was great. We saw James Bond Shipwrecks, BBC World News Tugboat Wreck, and a few more famous sites. On the third day we took part in the Shark Adventures that they are world famous for. That was amazing. Imagine swimming along and having a 5-9 foot Carribean Reef shark come up behind, in front, next to, above or under you! It was amazing. Also we saw their wall which goes from about 35 feet down to about 6800 feet! Yes I said 6800 feet. If any of you are interested we have a 20 minute video that shows us swimming with and around the sharks as well as the shark feeding which brought in about 50 or so sharks from the area. Here they fed them bait and we all sat in a circle watching and taking in the once in a lifetime experience. It was truly amazing. The visibility was outrageous compared to the great northwest and so much warmer too. Oh man. I don't know if I like it here as much. Just kidding. Can't wait to see you all. Ill try and stop by next time I am in town.

Talk to you all soon.

CJ Morgan

No comments: