The Group, makes it fun.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dive Buddies Weekly

Here's that thread again... you know, the one where you find like-minded individuals that want to go diving with a buddy?

I think one plan, is for this Saturday at Edmonds Underwater Park. Good place for some fun easy shore diving. If you've never been, I suggest you go. Max depth is about 35 - 40'. Lots of stuff to see. Also a great place to work on your buoyancy skills.

You can also shout out your alternative when/where suggestions or preferences to find a buddy or two (or several!) to join!

Oh, and as a reminder, get your annual regulator service done! Especially if you have Scubapro regs; they're getting really tight with their free parts. If you lapse on your yearly servicing, the parts aren't free anymore. Good news is, once you get them serviced, you're back on track and they should be free next year (provided you remember to do it...).

Find a buddy! GO DIVING!

Now how cool is that? Seriously.

18 comments:

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

I am down for diving this Saturday!!!

Come on people, let's get wet!!

Chuck said...

I will be diving Alki but maybe I should switch to Edmonds. You think my new student would might the surface swim?

I think that we need to plan a Girls Gone Diving Day. I think that we should do it Feb 28th? What do you gals (only) think.

Joshwaht... said...

The surface swim at Edmonds isn't that bad (ok, it is kind of long compared to other places). Surface swims are an integral part of shore diving, so what better place to practice?

The more the merrier.

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

Agreed-- the more the merrier!!

And I am totally in for a Girl Gone Diving-- I'll bring my pink flashlight! :) The 28th sounds good--

TTOCS said...

I have pink flash light too can I join you?

Unknown said...

If you get the chance, somebody try to partner with Scott Sutton. Aside from being a great dive buddy (he’s observant, fun and a magnet for all of the cool stuff), he’s also a mathematical idiot savant.
Case-in-point: While diving off of Rosario Beach, we were able to glimpse a silver dollar-sized portion of a red octopus’ arm through a crack in a rock wall. Scott “Rainman” Sutton was instantly able to calculate that this octopus was at least the size and weight of a Volkswagen bug. We named it ‘Rosie’ and her size grew exponentially every time that we recalled her. She is now reputed to be larger than a Kraken and may have pulled several small ships down to a watery grave. Paul Allen named his yacht after her.

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

Ttcos-- you can come if you wear the pink snorkel.......:)

Chuck said...

Mac is that you?? The stories the BOTH of you would tell.

Sorry guys, Girls Gone Diving. Unless... you can prove that you are as tough as the group leader. Maybe you can go. But that is quite the challenge!

Okay divegirl, where would you like to go?

McNettDuo2 said...

I would be down for Girls Gone Diving on the 28th!

My b-day is the 27th, so whatever we end up doing the night before, you're all invited! No guarantees on my mood in the morning though. :-)

Chuck, everyone knows that no one is as tough as the group leader. :-)

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

So........what's the final plan for this weekend????

Joshwaht... said...

Dunno yet. Have to find out what time we can meet at the shop... guessing maybe 7 or 8 AM?

Also, I don't know who-all is going, but I know my gear and I need a ride.

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

I can drive--
I can take 2 other people.....

Chuck said...

what time are you meeting. People want to know.

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

Well, I was waiting for Josh to decide.....but how about 8am....

Joshwaht... said...

8AM! Let's go with that.

Kurt said...

I am in. See you there.

Kurt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kurt said...

Grrr. Dangit! Cant go now. Next week! Have a good one.