The Group, makes it fun.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Bench Dive October 29th, 6:30pm

What do you think about an underwater park in Bellingham?

Mark your calendars for October 29th, 6:30pm at Gone Diving. The Port of Bellingham is coming in and talking to us about the direction the Waterfront is going. This will be a really exciting event since we will get a sneak peak of what the city has planned for the new waterfront property. The best thing, is that we will get to talk to him about the possibility of doing an underwater park. Similar to what the city of Edmonds has done. Tell everyone you know that might be interested about this event. If we have a great showing the Port might be just as excited about this project as all of you are! Get ready to bring all your ideas to the table.

We should do a potluck event, if you are interested. Post what you would like to bring.

On another note. It was recently just brought to my attention that Rosario Beach is closed for the winter. What does this mean to us as divers? I called the Parks department and talked with the main guy to find out what the story was. The gates and restrooms will not be opened for the winter. You can still access the park but you must park outside the gates. Okay, now you might be asking, what about our Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest? No worries, I took care of it. I applied for a special day use permit. This will grant us the privilege of using the facilitates with parking inside the park and use of the restrooms.

One other thing to mention. I am thinking about doing a charter out of Horseshoe Bay on the SeaDragon on October 25th. I know Scott has planned a dive to Edmonds Underwater Park already but for those who have been to Edmonds already, here is another option. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. We need 8 of us total to pull it off.

Alright already, get out there and go diving!

8 comments:

TTOCS said...

Wow this is good news. I will be collecting some data on how much money artificial reefs bring in to cities.

Rosaio beach closed for winter :(
Speaking of underwater pumkin carving i'm so excited this is one of my favorite activities of the year. You guys are so creative and fun to hang out with.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will be the first to say, great job Gone Diving! To have someone from the city come and talk to those of use who will use the waterfront is AWESOME! Plus, the ability to dive in town is WAY overdue!

On that same note, I can bring a dessert :)

Anonymous said...

This all sounds great. Looking forward to pumpkin diving and the bench dive. Anyone interested in a Halloween themed potluck?

Jake - how did the pictures come out from Langley?

I'm having a tough time figuring out who all the posters are. Try changing your settings to allow your name and email to be shown. Just an idea.

Chuck said...

What do you guys think? Would you like your emails shown? I will gladly do that if I get a strong yes. If not I will listen to you Tim since your the only voice on this subject.

Halloween theme for the bench dive or UWPCC?

Joshwaht... said...

I am so f'in stoaked about a local underwater park. Being able to drive 5 minutes to go diving at a sweet artifical reef would be AMAZING.

LET'S DO IT!!

Anonymous said...

Themed potluck for the benchdive. Isn't that where you were talking about having a potluck?

Of court the UWPCC is a great opportunity for BBQing in the rain. A true northwest tradition.

I ageee that the possibility for a local dive park is too sweet a deal to miss the opportunity to voice our opinions and show our support.

PNW-DIVER said...

I am looking forward to having a great dive here in Bham bay :)

Tim The pics turnesd out great I think but my comp has been having problems and deleted the card without saving to my comp so I will have to try again i guess
Ill send you some older pics I have
Rosario should be allot of fun cant wait to see what some of the carvings look like

TTOCS said...

Hey jake and I are going skope out a new dive site on sunday. We have no idea what it is like all we know is that it can get deep. The site is called 100' rock in lynnwood we may also check out kayak point.
http://www.scubanorthwest.com/sites/shore/100rock.php
check out the discription to see if you are up for it.