The Group, makes it fun.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

adventures of scott and jake

Jake and I went to check out a new dive site today.   Wow the visibility was very good 50+ feet.  The name of the site was 100' rock in Lynnwood.  The entry and exit was a challenge as we had to walk 100 + yards then climb down  some big rocks to get to the water.  It sounds like work but it was worth it. One giant rock surrounded by sandstone cliffs with holes. The rock was about 30' tall and about 100' around. Covered with life: tunicates, nudibranchs, sponges and even a grunt sculpin.  The cliffs surrounding the rock had tons of life in the holes: gunnels, sculpins and a juvenile wolf eel. The base of the rock was in 90 to 100 feet of water.  For a shore dive I rate this in my top ten.

Please join us next week for Underwater Pumpkin Carving or on the 25th for Group Gone Diving at Brackets landing (Edmonds underwater park).  

A big shout out to the new divers that finished up today see you underwater soon.  

Ask Jake about his new 2nd stage.

2 comments:

PNW-DIVER said...

I just want to say that was a great dive I would put in top 5 shore dives
The Vis was awesome
We saw a grunt Sculpin on the rock he was fun to watch they move so awkwark

I got to try out my new reg S600 It was AWESOME It pushed air in my mouth I might need to detune a little but I loved it No water in my mouth either

I also Saw a Juvin Wolfeel and lots of other fishes that where hiding in the canyon wall
Hope to see u all this weekend at Rosario pumpkin carving

Joshwaht... said...

Damn, I wish I could've gone...

I now regret drinking until 2 am at a friend's birthday the night before.

:(

I have my pumpkin primed and ready. Ya'll suckas goin' DOWN.