The Group, makes it fun.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

UWPCC #3

Alright everybody, get ready for some fantastic underwater craving extravaganza! The time is here once again for you to sharpen your knives, put on some weight and carve. We will be meeting at Gone Diving, in back, at 8:30am for anyone who needs to get rentals. If you are looking for carpool buddies, this will also be the meeting place. Need to be on the road by 9am. Meeting at Rosario Beach at 10 am.

Things to know about the park situation. I have paid for a park permit for us to use the park with restrooms. The gate will still be closed. If you have a wagon, cart or anything with wheels that can help haul in dive gear, that would be really appreciated if you brought it along. If it is not a great weather day, we will setup potluck items under the covered picnic area. Remember, this is a chili cook off also, for those that think that make good chili. If it is a absolutely fabulous day, I will bring my EZ up and we will setup on top of the hill with the picnic tables. I am sure we will get it figured out when we get there.

Rules of participation: must have c-card, bring your own pumpkin, do not pre-carve or trace on your pumpkin before the start. There will be a set carving time where you gut your pumpkins, gear up, get into the water and be back to shore. Must have a buddy system in place. If you don't have a buddy, don't worry we can get you one.

Just so you know what some of us are planning for the rest of the weekend, in case you want to join us. After the carving activities, some will dive Rosario. Plans for a night dive at Langley Tire Reef. We will be camping at Deception state park Saturday night. I am not sure what is going on for diving on Sunday. I am flying out on Monday so no diving for me! I am off to Vegas to get the best costume ever! Ok, maybe not the best.

Let me know what you planning on bringing for food wise and who is coming.

If you would like to purchase an UWPCC T-shirt let me know what size and quantity. The order will be placed Monday after the event.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds cool! Tara and I are in. Will get back to you about our potluck entry. Maybe chicken enchiladas. Yes on T-shirts: one large and one XL.

It's crazy that you have to go all the way to Vegas just to get your show girl costume!

Chuck said...

I am crazy like that. It will not be a show girl of that sort. It will be a TV/comic girl of the 70s, Most fitting I think, Wonder woman!

"Fighting crime in her satin tights!" That actually is in the theme song!

Chuck said...

BTW - Joshwaht's bday is today. We will be meeting at the Mexican restaurant in Sunset at 6:30pm. Anyone can come and join us. The more the merrier!

HAPPY BDAY JOSHWAHT! Are you turning 13 or 14?

Joshwaht... said...

Dude, I'm stoked for carving up a pumpkin underwater. I want a t-shirt, size Large, extra sexy.

Haley is coming too, but we're undecided about the camping part... to be determined by Friday.

YAAAAY, Ith mah burfdaaaaay!

El Gitano, 6:30. Then to the Grand afterwards. (I'm making a reservation for 20 at El Gitano, and I know of about 11 people confirmed so far...)

Oh, and I'm turning a very sexy 13.

PNW-DIVER said...

Im looking foreword to pumpkin carving!!!
Also ill get a large T-shirt

Bubble Bunch said...

Shawn and I are going to miss a great weekend.
We have to move this weekend.
We are so bummed. we have been looking foreword to this all month. Bummer!

TTOCS said...

hey bubble bunch sorry to hear that hope you can make it to edmonds next week.

Chuck said...

Bubble bunch, where are you moving? Are you kidding that you are going to miss the great American Under Water Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Have you tried your new gear yet? What do you think?

Joshwaht... said...

Thanks to everybody that showed up for my birthday! It was awesome. And sexy!

I'll have to show you guys the Radioactive Octopus vs. Battle-Trained Scuba Divers my friends Rob & Danielle gave me. It rules.

scubadivingfool said...

i hope you were schwilly

Joshwaht... said...

I found a picture of the radioactive octopus vs. the frogmen online...

http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/frogmen-vs-radioactive-octopus.jpg

Yeah, it's cool.

Anonymous said...

Can we hollow out our pumpkins ahead of time?

Chuck said...

No prework on the pumpkin. Must start ungutted, traced or anything. Blank as could be. I love challenges.

Anonymous said...

Ungutted!!! That's just plain cruel. Glad I asked.