The Group, makes it fun.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Last Tour de Forts

The summer is now officially over. I think now, I am really looking forward to going to Cozumel this coming holidays. I am up for a beating from the warm sun. Aaaahhhh warm sun.

So yes, it was raining this weekend for our last Tour de Forts at Keystone. I made it over Saturday night for the night dive. There was up to 4 octopus spotted! In the morning Adam, Heather, Jaketwo, Laura, Jason, Scott, Jake, John, Disco, Caiti, Techno, Ron, Tori, Zack, Shawn, Chad, Melissa, Brad and myself did some dives on Sunday. The vis was amazing. Some of us did the pilings, some the jetty and some did the drift. The sun did come out when we where all done diving so that was awesome.

Post to let me know if you came earlier. I know that there was a bunch of people that came out over Thursday to Sunday, What is your story, how was your dive/camping adventure. Any photos? Jake gave me his so I will get those posted later this week.

Remember we have our group get together for a bench dive this Wednesday at 6:30pm, at Extremes. We will be getting together to plan our next couple of months. Now that the good diving is just getting started! Super exciting!

7 comments:

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wish we had come down on Sunday now. Bummer! Oh well, there will be other dives. I can't make it to Extremes either but Christina is going. No diving this weekend either because Christina is running the half marathon. We will definitely be there for pumpkin carving. Not sure how my blunt tip will work so I might have to buy another knife on Saturday during the "MASSIVE SCUBA EVENT". See you all Saturday.

TTOCS said...

Tour de Forts 2008

The last stop on the SOLD OUT Tour de Forts was last weekend at Fort Casey. (Keystone)
Over the three days 20 of your fellow divers got to see rat fish, octopi, Lingcod the size of small children and lots of other cool stuff. The visibility was very good most of the weekend and the kelp has died back for the winter. We did 2 night dives and both nights octopi where seen out in the open look for the photos Jake got. A few of us even did some drift diving from the pilings. Jake and Scott woke up very early Sunday morning to try and drift from the Coupeville tire reef to the jetty. Lets just say we had a long hike back to the car. A few more knots of current and we would have made it I’m sure. Even with the rain we still had a good time as always. Disco and Katie got the long distance award as they came all the way from Portland. They said that they are going to join us on October 18th for the Underwater Pumpkin contest. If you want a cool Tour de Forts T-shirt place your order with Charlynn the price will be $15.00. Keep your eye out tour stops in 2009.

PNW-DIVER said...

Thanks for the great weekend of diving with Gone Diving!!

Joshwaht... said...

I came down and camped Friday for diving on Saturday. It was great to see some friendly faces! I was unable to stick around for diving on Sunday, which is kind of a bummer, but I did have a lot of fun Friday night and Saturday!

Bubble Bunch said...

We had a great weekend at the final Tour of DE Forts. And boy it did seem Like summer was over. But that don't stop us from getting going in to get wet. This was my only 2nd dive from being certified just a few weeks ago. Shawn and I first went out on the jetty side were the rocks were on Friday night JUST before dark. And all who now me now I sleep with a night lite.( I don't like the dark)It was a awesome experience. We didn't see a octopus. But lots of other fish a critters. We had Shawn's 41st B-day party after are dive. Thanks to all that sang along. Saturday Do to some wardrobe fitting problems and timing Just Shawn and chad went out. Then Sunday Shawn and I, Chad and My son Brad. All went on are first dive together. A dream we have had all summer long. All I can say is AWESOME!!!!! I think Im going to like this diving thing.
We went to the pilings and it was amazing. I cant begin to tell ya what I saw cus I don't now the names of em yet. I cant wait till the next time.
Thanks all for being there.

Skagital said...

Why yes, its' always great to do the pilings with me dive chums.... Good to see all my old friends and to make new ones. Doggone that Jake can make a good Ceaser, ad thanks fore the PBRsssssssss. Won't make it this weekend, Burlington pumpkin toss is saturday, see you next month