The Group, makes it fun.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grey days are perfect for underwater

I hope you all are enjoying our cooler weather. I have to admit last Friday for our Crab Fest at Langley, it was way to hot to dive in a dry suit. I thought about it for a moment, about diving in a wetsuit. I think that is the closest I got, just thinking about it! Anyways... who is up for diving this weekend? I hear some people are headed out tonight for Skyline around 8ish. I am teaching some new divers this weekend, the exciting world of breathing underwater. Ahhh... remember the first sounds of the regulator when you took your first breath off scuba.

For me it was not easy. I had to practice just breathing off my snorkel sitting on my couch for a few days. What kind of stories do you have? Tell us about what it was like to take your first breath under water. I would love to hear your responses!

For this months bench dive, Kevin and I were talking about doing a BBQ and our door games. What you do think about BBQ/potluck at my place. We can play Badminton, maybe Frisbee golf. Give me some ideas. The planned date is Wednesday, July 22nd @ 6:30pm.

Give me some feedback, please on two things.
1) BBQ Bench Dive
2) What was it like when you took your first breath under water on scuba. Semi-Closed circuit Closed circuit or open. What ever the experience was, share.

chuck

3 comments:

Joshwaht... said...

1) BBQ bench dive = awesome. We also need some bocce up in the hizzy. Toss some balls around, THEN it's a BBQ!

2) I thought I was going to pee my pants... and then I did. It was THAT cool. Luckily (or not) it was in the pool. Yep, I put the "p" in the ool. Sorry. Sort of. :D

I know I had a lot of really dorky thoughts and "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" kept popping into my head.

I really enjoyed looking up, seeing the surface of the water and my bubbles racing up to it (okay, that was at like my... 20th(?) breath underwater... well, once I got into the deep end of the pool anyway). All I know is I was hooked from the very first inhalation. Yep. And I think I huffed through an entire tank.

McNettDuo2 said...

You peed in the pool? Oh man!!! And admitted it too. Awesome.

1. The BBQ sounds like a great plan. I wish I could be there. Alas, I'll be in Salt Lake city - working a tradeshow... and drinking really weak beer.

2. I was super stoked. Hearing myself breathe was a trip... so was seeing my co-workers underwater. I like the picture of me right after my first open water dive because of the huge, ridiculously cheesy smile plastered to my face. I felt like a little kid at a carnival.

I never thought I'd try diving. So happy I did. Woot woooooot!

Word.

Anonymous said...

Who can honestly say they have never p's in the ool?? Come on. Admit it. Just don't do it from the diving board! They throw you out for that. Don't ask!

Great idea for a bench dive.

My first breath underwater? I really can't remember. Back in 1988 - certified with Washington Divers. I remember my first openwater dive. It was a boat dive on Boulder Reef. My buddy and I dropped right into a small school of dog fish. I'm thinking "this is so cool. Gotta watch out for the dorsil spines". I look at my buddy who saw Jaws one too many times. All he is seeing is sharks! Eyes are as big as saucers and he blew through a half a tank in 5 minutes.

Great times.