The Group, makes it fun.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Divers' Options

It was a great Group Gone Diving last weekend at Saltwater State Park (I'll try and get the pictures uploaded soon). If you missed it, don't despair, there's more opportunities to be had!

The new dive park was great to see, with life just starting to take hold on the artificial structures. It will certainly be great to visit again over the months to see it develop!

Overall it was a nice easy dive; our max depth was about 75', the weather was clear and calm and it was about the easiest beach entry/exit I've seen. Visibility wasn't that great (~10-15') due to the algae blooms but I expect it should be a lot better in the winter...

I'm going to the Gorge for the Sasquatch music festival this weekend, so I won't be diving. We can shed a few tears together... but don't fret, I'll be back and itching to dive!

Now what about all you alls?

Who wants to go diving? Do I hear a BOYHOWDY?!

3 comments:

a*m*a*n*d*a said...

Boat Diving on Saturday!! Yeah!!

Anyone else free Monday? I am off work (banker's Holiday!)...Would like to get in the water that day as well!

~Amanda

ClayB said...

Yeah, I really enjoyed the dive. It was amazing how much life was already established after such a short time. I am definitely ready to go diving again.

David and Nancy said...

BoyHowdy. I wanna go again. Josh was right about the visibility - algae was a bit intense, esp for a newbie. Thanks to all for helping me feel so welcome. I'll be intrigued to see the Park in 2 years, when life has had a chance to establish itself.