The Group, makes it fun.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Dive Buddy Weekly

Here's the thread for Dec. 8th - 14th...

Looks like there's some good opportunities for diving this weekend with the charter and shore dive at Keystone, and what not... let's jingle some bells, collect some food for the canned food drive, and go DIVING! Who's in?

Jake, Scott, Kurt and I dove at 100' Rock yesterday (Sunday). The dives were great, although the "100' Rock" is probably only more like 25' - 30'. It's a big rock, sure, but maybe it's called 100' since at high tide the bottom is at about 100'. The top of the rock is only at 70'. I'm no mathologist, but that puts it at about 30' tall. I got to use my new dry suit for the first time. It was AWESOME.

Moderately difficult entry/exit, a relatively long surface swim and a big-ass rock as the attraction. Watch out for the trains. Over all it's a good dive.

6 comments:

Joshwaht... said...

I think I might be down for the shore dive at Keystone. We'll see what's in store for the 14th...

Oh, and I discovered that my Chuck Taylor Converse high tops work awesome as rock boots for my dry suit. That's cool.

Joshwaht... said...

Welll now...

"Forecasters say a major change in the weather pattern will arrive Friday in Washington.

The National Weather Service says a storm front will move across the state with wind, rain and snow in the mountains.

Forecasters say it will be followed by frigid temperatures that bring the chance of snow showers over the weekend, including to the lowland areas of Western Washington."

This will make it AWESOME if it snows! Seriously, I have yet to see anything much cooler than huge flakes of snow falling into the water when surfacing from a dive.

Anyone else going to Keystone?

Chuck said...

I know what you mean JoshWaht! I love, love diving in the snow!! It is amazing if you have never done it before. We are definitely a group of strange people!

Anonymous said...

zI'm in. Now I am going to be disappointed if it doesn't snow! Hmmmm, where to hang my jingle bells????

Joshwaht... said...

Man, I hope nobody's wussing out on diving this weekend because of the cold... check this out!

"The National Weather Service has canceled a winter storm warning for the central Puget Sound region including Seattle.

Forecasters say the storm blowing into the state Friday is tracking farther north and there is no longer a threat of widespread disruptive snow.

Only an inch or two of slushy snow is possible Friday night on hills in the Puget Sound lowlands.

Forecasters also canceled a winter storm warning in the Port Angeles area and a storm watch in the southwest interior."

I'm actually a little bummed. It's more fun to jingle your bells in the snow!

Chuck said...

Joshwaht... I heart you!!!