The Group, makes it fun.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Dive Buddies Weekly

Here's the thread for Dec. 22 - 28th.... Good tidings and Joy for the Yule Season!!

(All you Cozumel divers, you are sooooo missing out on all this action up here) :P

So, it appears Porteau Cove in B.C. is the happin' dive site this weekend... I think I'll just toss that out there.

For dives in Canada, remember to bring your passport or drivers license + birth cert, and your sense of adventure!

Of course, this thread is for finding dive buddies any time of the week, anywhere. So if you would like to find a buddy, shout out your when/where desires! Or simply say you'd love to come along to Porteau Cove!

Here's an excerpt from the BC Parks page about diving Porteau Cove:

"A series of man-made reefs and two sunken vessels provide excellent scuba diving opportunities. Depths vary from 6m to 18m (20' to 60'). Be cautious of changing tides and strong in and outflow winds. Penetration of vessels is not recommended. The diving area is marked by a series of marker buoys. Various fascinating marine life has established itself throughout the dive area. Harvesting or harassment of marine life is prohibited within the park's marine foreshore. Diving from a boat is prohibited within the park boundary. There is a diver's building located within the park which provides cold showers and a change area. These showers are turned off during the summer months because two outdoor showers are provided for the same purpose. There are steps that lead down to the water's edge that are located in the main parking lot."


Although, now that I read that, I have to say actually diving there is waaaaay cooler than this description.

LETS GO DIVING!!

3 comments:

Skagital said...

any dives planned for Jan 1st.?

Joshwaht... said...

I'm not sure. I think I heard a few people express an interest. If it's an afternoon dive, I might be in. Depends on how hard I ring in the New Year...

Chuck said...

Candy is suppose to be planning a new year day dive at the lake. Nice and easy for those that what to live it up the night before. Joshwaht, if you could get on him for that, that would be great. Scott and I are suppose to fly in on the 31st now, since we were delayed getting to Cozumel. We would love to join everyone at the lake if that is the case. Rosario would be good but park is closed. Kind of a hassle to get gear down there. We are planning on doing Skyline on Sunday the 3rd? I think. I am not sure of the date but I do know that it is the first Sunday after the New Year. Two dives are possible. Not quite sure on time. I will have Jake post the times when he gets back into town. We have been going some awesome dives down here in Cozumel. This diving is so easy that it is wonderful. Laurie has dropped four more pounds and she made it to 105 feet!! She also did a dive for 55 minutes. Rob logged his 50th dive! We are diving fools!!! Miss you all and hope that you are keeping the waters cool for us for when we get back.

BTW - I brought my 5mm Mernio wool suit and 2mm beanie and I still and getting very cold after 45 minutes. Wussy, yes. We did four dive the first day we where here and by the 4th dive, which was a night dive. My hands where completely numb. Had to use my chin to inflate on surface!! I was only able to last 26 minutes! Did I mention that the water is a cool 79 degrees! Buuurrrrrrrrr. The ool is much warmer than that. I wish that I would have brought my 7mm Barrier and gloves. hahahaha

The cool/cold one signing off!