The Group, makes it fun.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Northwest Dive and Travel Expo - Bench Dive

As Chuck mentioned in a previous post, next weekend, April 24 - 26, is the Northwest Dive and Travel Expo at the Tacoma Convention Center. This will be this month's Bench Dive.

The Expo doors open at 10:00 am, I propose we leave the shop by 7:30 or 8:00 am on Saturday to get down there in time for door prizes, etc. Coordinate with Chuck if you want to go down on Friday for the treasure hunt.

Please post what you want to do. I can take two people as I will be driving.

Can't wait!!

7 comments:

McNettDuo2 said...

I'm definitely in.

I'll be driving down and staying until Sunday, so I can't carpool - but I'll meet y'all at the shop and caravan down with everyone.

Can we get tickets in advance at the shop?

Word.

Chuck said...

I am in. Yes you can get 50% off admission tickets.

Anyone up for Friday, Treasure Hunt?

Chuck said...

scottg posted on an older post ("Dive Buddies Weekly": January 17th) on April 18th this post:

hey, nice blog, good to see you guys getting out and doing some diving. When is the best time to dive around seattle? I'm in california

Scott

Hey Scott from California - anytime is a good time to go diving around here. It is better winter because of our lack of sun and algae blooms are down in the water. Seriously, anytime is a great time to get in the water. Just depends on where and what you what to see and do.

Chuck said...

I have started a list at Gone Diving to who is driving and who wants to car pool down to Tacoma.

I am still planning on going Friday to the Treasure Hunt, anyone else?

Sunday, diving Whytecliff. Meeting at shop at 7:30a, on road by 8am. If you need gear or tank fills, please get it down before sunday morning.

Joshwaht... said...

Haley and I are planning on going Saturday (she's driving, may be room for 1 additional body).

See you at the shop.

8:00 AM?

Joshwaht... said...

I just noticed in the original post that it says the expo is at the Seattle Convention Center. That's not right, it's at the Tacoma Convention Center...

http://www.nwdiveandtravelexpo.com/

I hope they're giving those massive pink snorkels away.

Joshwaht... said...

HAHAHA... aaaaaahhh-Thank you.